Location – The property is located at 6058 County Road 11, Orland, CA. The ranch is slated about three miles west of Orland, CA. Interstate 5 runs through the town of Orland, which has a population of ~8,000 residents.Ingress/Egress – The property is easily accessed by heading on Interstate 5 to Orland, CA. Then take Highway 32 exit west toward Black Butte Reservoir. The road turns into Newville Road or County Road 200. Proceed West to Road DD, then turn left on Road DD about a half-mile to the property located at the intersection of Road DD and County Road 11. The property borders both Road DD and County Road 11.
- Arbuckle Gravelly loam +/-28% of property
- Cortina very gravelly sandy loam +/1 42% of property
- Wyo loam deep over gravel +/-10% of property
- Tehama loam, moderately deep over gravel 20% of property
Irrigation – The farming position of the subject property is irrigated by district water from Orland Water Users. The 38.11-acre property has 33 acres of irrigation rights from Orland Water Users.
Orland Water Users Rates per year in 2021 are:
- Taxes – 41.00 per acre x 33 irrigated acres
- Dam Safety Check – 5.00 per acre x 33 irrigated acres
- Water – 31.50 per irrigated acre for up to 3-acre feet of water per acre, per year
*The above rates are for 2021 and are subject to change.
The house, school, and one shop are irrigated with a 7.5 horsepower deep well. The well
bowls are currently set at 330 feet from the surface.
Land Description – The property consists of 38.11 assessed acres m/l. Glenn County assessor parcel numbers:
- 045-010-025-000 (30.56 acres)
- 045-010-024-000 (7.55 acres)
Zoning – AE 20 (Not in Williamson Act)
- Owners Home (3308 sq. ft.)
- Amazing 2100 sq.ft of covered porch area both front and back
- Swimming Pool
- Steel Building #1 with kitchen and separate men’s and women’s bathrooms (8280 sq. ft.)
- Steel Building #2 covered on 3 sides (15480 sq. ft.)
- Pumphouse (960 sq.ft.) with 7 horsepower pump
- 1-1.5 acre Catch Pond
- Perimeter Pipe Fence
- Chicken Coop
- Murdock School completely rebuilt with kitchen and separate board room (2638 sq. ft.)
- Three (3) RV Hook-ups on a cement slab
- 1.25-1.5 acre pipe fenced corral for livestock
- 30.56 +/- acre of irrigated pasture on farmland leveled to grade
Address: 6058 County Road 11
Square Feet: 3,308
Year Built: n/a